Skip to content
Safe Firearm handling is the first and most important Rule in all Shooting Sports
- Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
- Keep the barrel pointed in a safe direction.
- Never point a firearm in fun or jest.
- Keep your fingers off the trigger. Don’t rely on your firearms safety device.
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Know your target and what is beyond it.
- Keep the firearm unloaded when not in use.
- Firearms must be shot from the firing line only and nowhere else.
- All guns carried on or about the shooting grounds must be held in a position of safety, with the breach open and unloaded at all times.
- Carry the firearm so that you can control the barrel even if you stumble.
- Load your gun with the right ammunition.
- Know the firearm you are using.
- Shooting on the grounds at any place, other than at a legitimate target, is prohibited.
All Shooters are Safety Officers because Safety is your responsibility, not someone else’s !
- Only one shooting discipline is shot on the Range at any one time.
- Shooters must only shoot down range, in the assigned lane, and at the assigned target and nothing else.
- Cross firing is strictly prohibited. (Firing across your assigned lane as opposed to down the line).
- Only the Range Master (RM) or assigned Safety Officer (SO) can call to close the range to allow for scoring and or a target change.
- The Range Master or Safety Officer must call for all shooters to unload and clear their weapons before the range is closed for scoring [and or] for a target change. The RM or SO must check to ensure all guns on the firing line are unloaded, clear and safe.
- All non-shooters must wait in the assigned staging area. Non shooters are prohibited from stepping onto the firing line with active shooters.
- The shooting of wildlife or stray animals is prohibited.
- The Range Master or Safety Officer must caution any individual breaking range rules, and if deemed necessary, remove the individual(s) off the range.
- Proper covered footwear is required: No bare feet, No thongs or flip flops, and no open toe sandals.